Monday, May 3, 2010
By chance...I happened upon more...drumroll.. Arthur Winograd!
I was looking for something else in my cellar and, by luck, chanced upon another Arthur Winograd issue; this time, it is the maestro conducting the Mozart serenades K. 375 and K. 388 for wind ensemble. The cover above is from the Heliodor release, mine is the plain white jacket MGM record.
Outside of a small blip at the beginning of the last movement of K 375, the lp was in very good shape. I did not separate movements but each serenade is contained in its entirety within one file.
It's a shame that the wind ensemble is not named. There is some fine playing going on here and it would have been nice to know who, or where the musicians are from. That sais, I'm glad I came upon this - I had forgotten I had it. Nice to offer yet another example of Winograd's art.
DOWNLOAD
